www.mp3vcr.com Forum Index www.mp3vcr.com
The MP3 VCR official forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoutcast: CLineMP3Capture: Run-time error "5"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayneL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Shoutcast: CLineMP3Capture: Run-time error "5" Reply with quote

Thanks for answering my posting on announcement.

Now that Live365 is close I using:
http://www.shoutcast.com/

Pasted the example pls link

http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=122328

It seems to accept is but when you hit record or play you get an error box call CLineMP3Capture: Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call or argument.
Then it crashes. I’ve tried without the id but it does not accept it.

I know you probably don’t support this anymore, it has been sometime. So I will understand if Im on my own.

Thanks
Wayne
soundwave106
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I was able to get it to load... wonder if there was an issue with the stream or if there's something else going on. I tested it with 0.5.1 BTW.

One workaround that might work is to save the playlist file to somewhere on your computer. After you do that you can then drag and drop the playlist from Explorer or your desktop into the green box of MP3VCR. It should recognize it and load it. I've done this with some playlists that are tricky to load just from a URL.
wayneL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes strange, tried that. Still get the same result. Using the same version as you and win8. Tried in admin mode also.
soundwave106
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayneL wrote:
Yes strange, tried that. Still get the same result. Using the same version as you and win8. Tried in admin mode also.

Windows 8 might be a problem, I'm using Windows 7 here. It sounds like something is happening when the network calls start up.

I honestly have no idea if the Visual Basic 6 libraries work well with Windows 8 and up... there's a good possibility they don't. That would mean a complete rewire would be necessary to get this code in .NET...

Perhaps some of the compatibility modes would help...
wayneL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Understood. What I might try is compatibility mode. Will let you know if that works. Otherwise I have it working under WINE in Linux.

Cheers
Wayne
wayneL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Time to try again Reply with quote

Hi
Did you ever get a chance to try out MP3VCR to see if you get the runtime error 5? Trying to use it on Shoutcast.

I know this is an old program but still, it has great value

Thanks Very Happy
Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.mp3vcr.com Forum Index -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: